Tuesday 6 November 2012

Formatting and the straitjacket

I've now managed to finish the formatting run of 'Holly'. Why don't you just write the thing in the correct format to start with I hear you say. The answer is to do with the format required to turn the Word file into an Ebook. That is single line spacing without paragraph indents. I'm used to writing for submissions to publishers who insist on 2 line spacing and stuff, and the reason for that, among other things, is because it's easier to read. I have difficulty with the single-line-no-indent, probably my age, can't help that.
Anyway, the format run is useful as it acts as a proof reading and spell checking and so on pass. We'll get there one day.
I've taken to letting the girls write their own comments on their Facebook pages, so now I suppose it's me for the schizophrenia then. Oh well, perhaps I'll look good in a straitjacket, who knows, might start a whole new fashion.
IB

No comments:

Post a Comment