Monday 4 February 2013

Always expect the unexpected

So what's unexpected? Well, most things really I suppose. Some things are nice, like unexpectedly winning the lottery for example, and some are not so nice and I'll leave examples of those to your imagination. I write books. It's nice to download the actual commercial version - proves to yourself that you are actually a published author - even if nobody ever buys your books. I digress (always wanted to use that phrase!). So there I was, reading my latest download of 'Holly'. Now the unexpected bit. At the end of the book I came upon an extra page which simply said 'by the same author'. The next page was the book cover for 'Lisa' which is book one of the Lisa trilogy. Next came the book cover for 'Jody'. Ok so far. The next page was the book cover for 'Saskia'! I hadn't even known the book cover had been done, never mind attached to downloads. Unexpected? You bet your life it was! I almost dropped the poor old reader. Nice? Oh yes! Now all I have to do is wait for the actual book. When that happens it'll be one down, seven to go. Suppose I'll have to get on with finishing book eight. Not sure there's a huge rush, but I should at least try.
Ian B

No comments:

Post a Comment