Sunday 28 July 2013

Chicago - the book and the city

Writing is only part-time. I have other stuff to do as well. Unfortunately, this 'other stuff' is what pays the wages, so as you can see, I have to set priorities. The 'other stuff' can also get in the way of things like this Blog - hence a certain paucity of entries recently. (Just so you know, 'paucity of entries' means I haven't done one for a while. See how I look after you? That's saved you a trip to Google.)
However, there are the odd few minutes here and there. Now that 'Charity' is out there (STILL not on ebooks.com!) I've decided to begin proof reading 'Chicago'. This is Saskia book five. The title probably tells you that the two Saskias visit Chicago at some point in the story. In one of those coincidences I seem to be surrounded with, the current location of the two Saskias in book eight - which is part way through - is in Vermont, on their way to - yes - Chicago.
I actually went to Chicago some years ago and found it to be a nice place to visit. Perhaps I'll go back one day although I doubt it. I've sent the Saskias on my behalf. So far Chicago seems to have survived - but there's still book eight!
Ian B

No comments:

Post a Comment