Tuesday 13 August 2013

To kill a character

Still proof reading 'Chicago'. Got a little more time now I'm back from Oulton Park (motor racing circuit in case you don't know). Actually I'm about to start chapter 16. One of the things I did in 'Chicago' was kill off a character. Not a major one, but Beth Wilson has appeared in every book since 'Saskia'. I found I had a certain amount of difficulty with this, it's the first time I've done it. Not so much the actual death - Beth gets shot - but with the effect it has on the people around her, particularly the two Saskias. The funeral, where both the Saskias and the SuperTwins appear together I found particularly difficult to write. Incidentally, if you want to know how the Saskias and the twins can appear together - considering that the Saskias are the twins - you'll have to read the book. Now going to get the hanky out and continue with chapter 16.
Ian B

No comments:

Post a Comment