Tuesday 31 December 2013

The curious occurence of coincidence

My life seems to be surrounded by coincidences - I think I've made mention of this before. Here's the latest one.
One of the people I follow on the ubiquitous Twitter is one Commander Hadfield, astronaut, space-walker, and general scourge of the spaceways. He's back on Terra-firma after a stint in the International Space Station. He's enjoying life traveling around and telling people about his adventures.
Ok. So where's the coincidence? He's just posted a picture of himself standing on the glass floor of the CN Tower in Toronto. I'm writing the latest adventures of the two Saskias at the moment. Where have they just been? Toronto. What have they been looking at? The CN Tower.
Normally I wouldn't have paid much attention to Commander Hadfield's tweet, after all, you can stand on the glass floor of the Great North Tower in Manchester, just a handful of miles from where I live, or even the Tower in Blackpool. But having just spent a little time thinking about the CN Tower, the posted picture hit me like a brick!
Oh, by the way, don't worry, I have a license to use long words like 'ubiquitous'. Hmm, need to go and check it's up to date.......
Ian B

No comments:

Post a Comment