Wednesday 11 December 2013

Waiting (again)

So what am I waiting for? Aside from Christmas (more on that in a minute), I'm waiting for my next two books to appear. The way these are published means I have no idea when they'll appear in the various virtual bookshops scattered all over the web (and so the whole world - wow). However, I do know that the contracts have been signed, the actual copies should be back with me anytime now, Christmas post permitting. I actually have no idea if they'll appear both together or one at a time. Both together would be nice as the first bit of each book is the same 'adventure' - but told from a different point of view. In 'The Twins' it's told by Saskia Chandler, as is usual for the 'Saskia' books, but in 'Rio' it's told by Rio herself. I had a go at doing this a little while ago. On the Saskia website is a story called 'Saskia Hunt'. This is the initial part of the whole Saskia story - but told by Saskia Hunt rather than Saskia Chandler. If you want to see how it goes, look at www.saskia.me.uk and navigate to 'Stories' and 'Saskia Hunt'.
Now then, Christmas. People who know me will already be aware that we don't really celebrate Christmas. That's not because we're foreigners, muslim or whatever, but simply because we think the whole Christmas 'thing' is completely over the top. Aside from which, most of my family will be working on the 25th anyway, so for us Christmas is a bit of a non-event. But don't let that stop you enjoying yourselves, and it won't stop me wishing you a Merry Christmas, whoever and wherever you are.
Ian B

No comments:

Post a Comment