Thursday 6 June 2013

A small experiment

I'm trying a slightly different approach to writing and publishing. Not because I'm unhappy with the current arrangement with my normal publisher, far from it. But an experiment might be in order. I had the idea of a short-ish story self published on the Amazon Kindle platform. Then I could have a go at using some of the Kindle promotional stuff - and of course I can add links to the full-length books. So - I sat down to write a story - and the story - took over. It took me rather less than two days to write 12,000 words. It almost took longer than that to edit and proof read. And then three or four hours later it was published on Kindle. And within twelve hours I'd sold one.
The rest of my 'full size' books will still be published 'properly', that will mean they'll end up on far more sites than just Kindle, but the experiment was - interesting. So much so that I'm about to do another. This is the first one.
Ian B

No comments:

Post a Comment